The Jim Shaffer Group
The Jim Shaffer Group is a team of seasoned leadership development consultants devoted to improving strategy execution through strong leaders and engaged people. We help some of the world’s best organizations (and those that want to be among them) get even better. Learn more.
Successful Strategy Execution and Results Through People
Most organizations are underpowered! They aren’t getting the most from their people. The results show it. We prove every day it doesn’t have to be that way. We help leaders:
- Connect their people and teams to their business strategy
- Improve results that their people can control—quality, service, sales, safety, productivity, speed and costs
- Integrate the cultural and technical aspects of change–including lean six sigma–to sustain the improvements we make
- Align their goals, strategy, processes, people and culture to drive results
- Improve results and increase value by better managing communication
Our results are measurable.
- Reduced accidents at a manufacturer by 82 percent
- Increased a global shipper’s revenues by 23 percent while generating a 1,660 percent ROI
- Reduced damage by 65 percent and increased productivity by 16 percent at a large distribution center
- Cut waste by 18 percent at an international baking company
- Decreased cycle time by 74 percent at a building materials company
- Lowered turnover by 27 percent at a consumer goods company
- Improved on-time delivery by 38 per cent in a high tech engineering company
- Reduced turnover by 10 percent at a software engineering company
The Leadership Report
The Solution to Communication Frustration
I’m not sure who’s the most frustrated: CEO’s who can’t get their communication people to help improve business results, or communication people who want to add value but don’t have what it takes to do so. Most internal communication people play the role of town crier rather than business problem solver. They’re focused on distributing… Read more
What Kind of Boss Are You?
Roger D’Aprix has just published another book that should serve as required reading for every project, team and corporate leader. Bosses: True Stories of the Good, the Bad and the Ugly is Roger’s eighth book. Each focuses on improving business results through better managed communication. The most powerful communication in an organization comes from leaders—or… Read more
Change the Game: Save The Dream
Jack Stack has done it again. He’s produced another superior book about the huge successes that open book management is having on organizations of all sizes and industries. The book is “Change the Game: Saving the American Dream by Closing the Gap Between the Haves and the Have-nots.” Jack is CEO of SRC Corporation in… Read more
Minds are Like Parachutes
“Minds are like parachutes. They only function when open.” My dad loved to use this quote from Scottish businessman Thomas Dewar back when I was in high school. I thought of Dad’s favorite quote the other day, listening to a small group of people discussing the recent impeachment hearings in Washington, DC. The group seemed… Read more
Ask These Five Questions and Get Started.
The question I most often get from communication professionals who want to make the shift from the current town crier role to one that’s more aligned with improving business results is, “How do I get started? How can I make a difference in our organization’s outcomes?” I recommend beginning by asking five questions. Here they… Read more