It’s the people!
Most organizations are underpowered! They aren’t getting the most from their people. The results show it. We prove every day it doesn’t have to be that way. We help leaders:
- Connect people and teams to goals and strategy
- Improve business results that people can control—safety, quality, delivery and costs
- Integrate the cultural and technical aspects of organizational change–including lean six sigma–to sustain improvements
- Align goals, strategy, processes, people and culture to drive results
- Re-invent the communication function to add greater measurable value
Our results are hard and measurable.
- Reduced a manufacturer’s OSHA recordables by 82 percent
- Increased a global shipper’s revenues by 23 percent while generating a 1,660 percent return on investment
- Reduced damage by 65 percent at a large distribution center
- Cut waste by 18 percent at an international baking company
- Decreased cycle time by 74 percent at a building materials company
- Lowered turnover by 27 percent at a consumer goods company
And on and on….
The Jim Shaffer Group’s focus is on improving work—and results—that people can control. We help some of the world’s best organizations (and those that want to be among them) get even better. Learn more…
Learning the Value of “No”
I’m currently advising a large company that typifies almost every company I know, in one respect. Everyone is busier than hell. Last week a 30-something woman framed it perfectly, “We spend most of our days in back-to-back and sometimes double and triple-booked meetings. Then we go home at night or on weekends and try to... Read more
Chasing Shiny, Bright Objects
One of my early consulting engagements was in Kansas City with a team of smart people from Hallmark. The team was charged with improving business processes that were critical to getting new products... Read more
Dooming Culture Change to Fail – 5 Common Mistakes
If I didn’t know better I’d be firmly convinced that many leaders get up in the morning and deliberately try to confuse the hell out of their employees. I’ve been guiding business leaders... Read more
Where Have All the Leadership Role Models Gone?
The recent gutter fights between the President and leaders of Congress have given me plenty of presentation material. While players in Washington were fighting it out like school children... Read more
The Purest Form of Transparency
Why do business leaders talk a good game about being open and transparent, but do a half-assed job of it? Here’s how I see it, based on my working with leaders for 30-plus years. Most have... Read more